PBGuild Guidelines for Member Exhibits
These guidelines deal mainly with the mechanics of entering shows. Please consult section V, “Exhibitions” of the PBG Policies for additional information regarding originality and disqualification from shows.
1. All members are expected to deliver and pick up their own paintings or make arrangements with someone else to do so unless otherwise directed by the Exhibitions Chair. Please do not expect the committee to care for abandoned paintings or wait for latecomers.
2. All paintings must be wired for hanging. A copy of PBG Frame Wiring Standards is included with these guidelines. Any paintings not meeting the standards cannot be accepted for the show. Paintings may also be rejected for damaged frames or paintings not secure in frames. Check glass for fingerprints. Quality does count and the committee cannot be responsible for making repairs.
3. All work must be for sale. Some venues charge a commission. If the venue does not charge, PBG takes a 10% commission.
4. Use the follow form for each venue:
5. You must also bring an inventory card or sheet to check in. This must contain the location and date of the show, your name and contact information and the title, medium and price of each painting you are submitting. You do not need a separate sheet for each piece.
6. Once you have checked in your work, please leave the location unless you are part of the hanging committee. If you sell a painting, it is best for the purchaser to pick it up at the end of the show, unless there are special circumstances. Make sure to let the Exhibitions Chair know that the painting has been sold and arrange for payment of the commission.
Each time we show, visitors form an opinion of our collective work and of our group. We want them to associate The Paint Box Guild with only the highest quality of work and know that with everyone’s cooperation, that is an easy goal to reach.
Call: Deanna Zerr
2019-20 Paint Box Guild Exhibits
November 1-December 2, 2019
BUCK RECREATION CENTER , 2004 W, Powers Ave, Littleton, Co. 80120
DELIVER PAINTINGS - FRIDAY, NOV. 1ST - PROMPTLY! AT 10:30a.m
Removal: Monday, Dec. 2 - PROMPTLY! AT 10:30 a.m.
December 27-February 28, 2020 ( note: this is a two month display)
Highlands Ranch Library, 9292 Ridgeline Blvd, Highlands Ranch
Deliver: PROMPTLY at 10:30AM.
Removal FEBRUARY 28, 2020 at 10:30AM
Ecclesia Marketplace 221 Perry St. Castle Rock
Deliver: March 2, 3-3:45pm
Removal: March 31, 3-3:45pm
1-2 pieces of art 8x10"minimum including frame.
PAINT BOX GUILD
2020 Annual Juried Fine Art Show
April 1-30, 2020
Paintings accepted for juried exhibitions by the Paint Box Guild will be held to the highest standards of originality in subject, composition and from the artists’ own photo reference. Paintings that have received any award previously are not eligible. They may be submitted if they have been entered but have not received an award.
LOCATION: The Edwin A. Bemis Public Library, 6014 S Datura St., Littleton, CO 80120. Paintings are due at Bemis Library by between 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. April 1, 2020. Pick up paintings April 30 at 10:30.
JUROR: Chris Stevens, Cultural Arts Manager, Greenwood Village
RECEPTION: Sunday, April 5, 2020, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Attention, members attend and assist in advertising our show.)
REFRESHMENTS: Members will provide light refreshments such as cookies and finger foods and beverages.
ENTRY ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to active members only. Business cards may be displayed on side tables in exhibitor’s own card holder and on the back of the painting.
The hanging committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any paintings that do not meet PBG standards. Paintings must be in good condition, properly strapped (no saw tooth hangers or eye screws) and void of fingerprints and smudges. NOTE TO MEMBERS: Please review the Paint Box Policies in your handbook (Section V) regarding paintings, condition, and framing requirements.
NUMBER OF PAINTINGS A MEMBER CAN SUBMIT: One (1) to two (2) paintings only. (Members may not remain in the room while jurying takes place.) Non-selected paintings must be picked up by 3:00 p.m. once the jurying is completed.
ENTRY FEE: A $5.00 per artist (not per piece) fee is due at the time the paintings are dropped off. Checks are made payable to Paint Box Guild and given to JoAnne Rauschkolb.
SIZE LIMITATION: Minimum 8” x 10” (frame size). Miniatures framed in an 8” x 10” frame or larger are acceptable.
FRESHNESS OF WORK SUBMITTED: Paintings must have been done within the past 2 (two) years.
BIN WORK: Up to 10 (ten) pieces may be submitted by juried-in artists only. Bin submissions must be shrink wrapped or placed in plastic sleeves and labeled. Bin submissions may include original works, giclees and prints.
JURYING: All submissions must be original work by the artist. No prints, giclees or photos will be accepted. If the artist is working from photographs it must be from photos taken by the artist. Artists should be prepared to provide their reference photo(s) if requested. Works copied from other reference materials or done in a workshop where someone other than the artist has added even one brush stroke are not permitted.
AWARDS: Ribbons will be awarded for Best of Show, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and three(3) honorable mentions. In addition, a special ribbon in honor of Mary Skidmore will be awarded at the juror’s discretion along with a “people’s choice award” to be selected at the reception by the event attendees.
PAPERWORK: Each member is required to complete a PBG Submission Form to be turned in to the designated committee member at the time the artwork is turned in.
Each member is required to complete two(2) PBG Cards printed clearly in black ink. The first card is to hang face forward on the right hand side just below the frame. Attach from the back with a strong tape such a shipping or masking tape (no Scotch tape). The second PBG card is to be affixed to the back of the painting.
Heads up for details coming later of a 3-month July/August/Sept exhibit opportunity at Denver Community Credit Union (corner of Broadway and Mineral).
INDIVIDUAL opportunity: The Colorado Statewide Juried Exhibition is currently taking applications until Oct 15th, 2019.It will be held at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts at Arapahoe Community College. Full info: https://wwwarapahoe.edu/2019-colorado/submission-information For Questions: contact Heritage Fine Art Guild email@example.com (as I personally have no further info).